Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW, SNOW AND MORE SNOW!!

We have had a week of off and on snow. Yesterday we had a big storm and we got more tonight. I have shoveled the driveway 4 or 5 times and I wish it had a heater in it to melt the snow. I think we will have a white Christmas. I guess Las Vegas got some of the storm and snow that we got tonight.

This is what the  driveway looked like tonight when we got home after I had it all cleaned off.

This was before tonight's storm.  Riley came today and was surprised at the snow. He said the pond was snowy.

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

No kidding! We got rid of our snow shovel when we bought the townhouse because they HOA is supposed to provide the snow removal - they use that term very loosely. Thank goodness for Ben's muscles and our push broom.

superguy said...

Wellif it keeps up next week I can get some shoveling in then. All our snow has been in the morning when I am leaving for work, an our HOA hires somone to do cleanup, although I think I would rather do it myself if I ha any desire to get up earlier.

Lea said...

Crazy snow! How exciting! Looks like fun for the kids. That will be nice to have a white Christmas maybe we can go sledding or something!

Julie Hunt said...

After this crazy week of snow, I think we need to invest in a snow shovel!!! We haven't been back to school since Tuesday and won't go back until Jan. 5th (weather permitting!) CRAZY!

Yesterday was warmer than expected and the snow and ice from Saturday's snow fall melted so it was actually kind of silly that they canceled school, but who knew? (I am not complaining but lots of stay at home moms who had plans to finished up stuff this week are!)

We are enjoying the time home together, drining hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies. The kids went sledding earlier today but I think they may want to go again later now that more snow has fallen. It is snowing like crazy here today. The roads are covered (what are snow plows?) and I am thankful that we don't need to go anywhere for awhile. I wonder if they are going to cancel church again on Sunday?