Monday, November 5, 2007

Tithing

Tonight we had a short family home evening lesson on tithing. Then I came down to check my email and what do you think I found.

Gems on the Family Teaching Our Children about Tithing---------------------------------------------------"Too often we as parents do not teach and encourage our children to live this law because their contribution only amounts to a few cents. But without a testimony of tithing, they are vulnerable. In their teenage years, they become attracted to clothes, entertainment, and expensive possessions and risk losing the special protection that tithing provides."(Robert D. Hales "Tithing: A Test of Faith with Eternal Blessings," Ensign, Nov. 2002, 28-29)

2 comments:

Lea said...

That is a good one. That is kind of cool you found that right after giving a lesson on it. Guided by the spirit it sounds like.

superguy said...

I have been very grateful for my decision to pay tithing and have been able to survive just fine. Thanks for the thought